Re: Bedliner Scratches was: Re: Latest News-- UPDATE!

From: V8dakLECC@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 01 1998 - 09:06:56 EST

In a message dated 10/31/98 6:58:51 PM EST, binary@shoelace.digivill.net
writes:

<< this has nothing to do with that thread but I have a drop in liner in my
 94 DAK and it has scraped the hell outta the paint all around.. is there
 anything that can be done to avoid this or is that expected?

Its pretty much the norm for drop-ins. My 92 has had a drop-in since new. I
took it out for the first time a while back and looked at the damage. My
first impression was that his thing was evil. I wanted to throw it out and
get a spay-in. After I calmed down I realized that the damage was cosmetic,
and it was under the liner anyway where it can't be seen. As for rust. The
liner had worn down to the metal in several places, however, since the liner
always rubs these places, they cannot rust. Now, if i ever took it out and
left it out, then it would rust.

The best advice I've heard is remove the liner once a year, clean the bed and
the underside of the liner, let them dry thoroughly and put it back.

And just like my case, if ever permanently removed, the bed will need
refinishing (Spray-in, paint, etc.)

Also, just for all you spay-in guys - I really want a spray-in badly, but
don''t have the dough.

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Auto