JBA'S

From: the bobster (charger69rt@inficad.com)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 19:03:35 EST

"I installed the JBA's on mine and it did'nt do a damn bit of
difference.
Save your money!!!"

List

a counter point.........

Looking at the headers vs the stock mainfolds , one's gut feelings say
that the
jba's sure can't hurt. They have to provide a less restrictive exhaust
path.

We had some problems with leaks at the flange
until we got the "sealing domes".

The jba's went onto a 1992 cc V8 auto 3.55 leer shell.. We saw a 0.20
improvement
 at the strip, and what seems to be a 2mpg increase on the road.

We had hoped to see more improvement at the strip. The 0.20 showed up
even tho
it was one of the hottest evenings of the year in Phoenix.

We started with a stock time of 16.7 and after the mods we are now at
15.54.

I feel that the '92 y-pipe is larger than the later models so perhaps we
got
more benefit from the headers.

The JBA'S did not account for all the decrease in our et, but I do not
think they have
hurt us.

We are still running the stock throttle body and air cleaner can.(flex
duct to front)

The mopar pulley underdrive kit, mopar computer , and shift kit were
other mods
after the JBA'S. Also a Dynomax 2 3/4 cat back system.(Summit $89).

So in wrap up...I think 0.20 from The JBA...the rest from the JBA'S
working with
the rest of the mods.

The Dakota feels 1000lbs lighter after the mods, still not as good as my
1969
charger project but it is getting there.......

If I would have had the extra cash the Mopar/Thorley headers would have
been
the way to go.

I went with the JBA's ......Thank you Jack for putting the deal together
. They seem
to be working fine.

("I installed the JBA's on mine and it did'nt do a damn bit of
difference.
Save your money!!!")

.....do you have an ET to back this up????

just wondering

roblip

.