Re: More powerful Motors

From: Al Engstler (aengstle@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 13:51:24 EST

All I have to say is that any new technology will not catch on until
it is "as good or better" than what we currently have. From what I
have seen or read they have more work to do to get new technologies to
work in a practical,safe (crash testing) and reliable manner. If the
government gets involved in pushing new tech. vehicles then they may
just outlaw certain vehicles. A lot of the reason now for people to
collect old cars is just to have a chance to still hear an old V8 wind
out and squealling tires. At some point we are going to have to let go
and embrace newer vehicles for better or worse. We can't keep flooding
the roads with fossil fuel burning machines, at some point we degrade
air quality too much.
Also, why can't we run our current technology motors on alcohol? This
is a renuable resource, would give farmers somewhere to sell their
corn, and would
be a cleaner burning fuel.
Sorry for the long post,better get back to work
Al