[Fwd: Re: Re:]Raced One

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 14:29:47 EST

I have raced a "Lightning" recently at the 1/4 mile. It was very close,
I hole shotted him too good and just barely red lighted, but I was
excited and wanted to win. I had him past half track and he pulled just
a bumper at the end for the win. My 15.192 @ 90.30 w/.495rt to his
14.707 @ 92.15 w/.896rt . His truck had a Y-pipe and underdrive
pulleys,and he would have won even without my red light. Damn. Alan S.

attached mail follows:

> C'mon, the RT is a truck... a sport truck, and aside from the
> new Lightning with the supercharger, and a Syclone with a
> Turbo...the RT is the quickest normally aspirated truck (OEM).
>
> Plus, when was the last time you saw a guy pulling a 21'
> Jetboat (502 Az Marine w/Dominator) with a Syclone?? or
> a Lightning???
>
> Sam '95 SLT
> Sonya '99 RT

Actually I would like to see a race between an old Lightning (93-95),
and an R/T. I have seen a STOCK Lighntnig run a 15.4 at Little River.
Never seen an R/T run. I personally think it would be a Very close run.

Saw a lightning pullin a Jetboat about a month ago in Marble Falls Tx..
Don't know how big it was as I am to poor to be interested in boats
right now. Now a Syclone/Typhoon is another story, those things sag down
if you breath to hard on them.

Erich