Re: [Fwd: R/T lighter?]

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 17:00:33 EST

>Sam, nothing personal I hope? The R/T Dakota, for my purposes (raceing
>anyone and everyone) is woefully underpowered. That's just me. The

None taken. My wife's RT is definately slower than my '95 SLT, and
I have to agree with you on that. Now the potential for improvement is
all there. My 'stock' '95 would be no match for an RT. I feel the same
level on modifications on the RT will put it where it should be OEM.
The problem with an OEM 'race truck', less people of the 'general
public' will buy it. That's why I think Dodge didn't go 'hog wild' with
it... If they'd make the truck smoke the tires at the lightest touch,
it might frighten or not be suitable for the majority (though WE would
like it! ;

The way I look at it is this: People might pick on my wife in her
RT, but these same people will more than likely get 'BIT' by the next RT
they encounter, as people are modifiying them...

It is no different in my 'homely' SLT. With the shell, carpet kit, and
towing (6x8) mirrors, people think it is just another truck. What a
surprise they get when they see only the tail lights.

Sam '95 SLT