RE: Ford Cummins Diesel

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Nov 05 1998 - 23:55:49 EST

Ford does not own Cummins, but does have a percentage of their stock. Much
the same that they have a percentage in Mazda, and several other companies.
Dodge is also an investor in Cummins the last I heard, but they do not own
them either. I don't know about Chevy starters, but the Champion and AC
Delco are close relatives (literally). But to your point, it is curious why
Ford would use Navistar engines when most people you talk to that drive
medium and large size trucks would rather have the Cummins over the
Navistar.

John
98 Dak-less