Re: More Powerful Motors

From: Sawyer, Travis (tsawyer@northc.com)
Date: Fri Nov 06 1998 - 07:12:00 EST

>> I think a 350 was an option. The diesel is a GM one. A Cummins
turbo
>> diesel would be cooler!!
>
>That GM diesel was a 350 gas block that they tried to make run diesel.
It
>was a peice of junk. So of course thats what they gave the military.
The
>Cummins would have made that thing rock. (or else bend in half from
the
>massive torque.)

He he he. I drive a hummer regularly
(http://www.raytheontucson.com/production_programs/tow/tow.htm)
I'm a TOW gunner in the Light Infantry (Computer engineer by day,
Grunt on the weekend). What I can tell you about the hummer!

Slow as a dog. Contrary to common belief it CANNOT climb over anything
(well, almost anything). We got one hung up on a cedar stump once. Not
a pretty site. The military HMMWV is slow, HOT in the summer (passenger
sits
on battery compartment), frigid in the winter (air gets in everywhere)

AND ITS AN AUTOMATIC!!!

I guess in the military they have to make 'em auto. Too many dopes that
can't
figure out what the pedal on the left does. (This is not to offend our
fans in the automatic world).

Also the Hummer is W_I_D_E. Our Daks can go more places -- really I've
tried ;)

Travis
Sergeant Ma Army National Guard 1-104 INF (LT)
'97 CC 4WD 5Spd Sport+