More Powerful Motors

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 16:51:27 EST

   I think this is quite amusing. The "motor" of the future is not dependent
upon cams, cranks, timing, lift.... or for that matter, internal combustion.
Electric motors already are capable of turning more horsepower (accurately at
that) more controllably than any IC engine of comparable weight. I've read
about 50lb motors turning over 150hp. Imagine 4 of those coupled to each
wheel of your Dak and a small 800cc engine turning a generator to power them.
Chrysler already had a diesel/electric Intrepid at the Anaheim Auto Show, and
I was dissappointed to hear that they have "NO PLANS" to actually make such a
car, even though it got 70mpg and was just as powerful as the current
Intrepid: to which I say "Why not you idiots!???" I get so pissed when the
car mfg's whine and moan about the CAFE <sp?> standards they have to follow
and when they find a solution they don't want to do it.

Shaun H.