Which cam/install shop for 318?

From: Darkangel (darkangel@map.com)
Date: Sat Nov 07 1998 - 23:19:30 EST

Hi Guys,

I've been reading this list for about a week now. I'm a Grand Cherokee
owner with the 318 in my engine bay. The reason I subscribed to this list
is because of how knowledgeable you all are with regards to performance
equipment. I'm not trying to make my Jeep any speed demon, I just want to
have a little fun with it :-)

Right now my mods are very modest: Mopar Computer, Borla Exhaust, K&N FIPK,
T-Body Spacer, Extrune Honed Manifolds w/Jet-Hot coating, electric fan.

I am looking into a camshaft for more power and I was wondering what you
guys might reccomend. I have a '96 model, so I don't know whether that
makes it any harder for compatibility (I, like most, have OBD II :-( )....
I am looking for a well made cam that will allow me to still use the truck
as a daily driver: A.K.A a mild/moderate cam that will give me a good boost
in power.

I noticed a few don't like the MP cam....is that coming from a drag racing
point of view or is there something better that I can use for daily
driving? I was quoted a price of around $415 for the MP cam from Summit, I
figure Koller Dodge can probably do better.

At any rate, any reccomendations would be appreciated.

Oh! Also, does anyone know of any good Mopar speed shops in the New England
area? Even on the East Coast...I am located in Massachusetts and would like
to find a good mechanic who might take on a job like this. I am considering
doing the job myself, but if I chicken out, I want some backup :-) Any idea
what a shop might charge for cam installation? I know it's quite a job...

Thanks for your time guys,

-Chris
darkangel@map.com
318 Owner :-)