Re: Synthetic fluids

From: J Smith (dak_95@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 08 1998 - 12:10:55 EST

I use Mobil 1 throughout. It's hard to find the synth. ATF, I had to go
to Auto Zone. Wal-Mart carries the motor oil. Gear oil I also got from
Auto Zone. Didn't really notice much difference after I added them, but
it makes me feel somewhat better with the way I drive.(both feet flat on
the floor)

The transfer case is expecially fun to change out. You'll need a 30mm
wrench for the drain plug, and a 30mm socket makes easy work of the fill
hole. I bought a cheap fluid pump from walmart to get the fluid up in
the fill hole. This is all on a 95 model, but I think they'll be the
same.

Jon Smith