RE: Re: MPI Intake - Torque Effects? Was: mpg Effects?

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Nov 09 1998 - 17:57:07 EST

GS,
Yeah Ive been harping on the "flow detriments" in the stock manifold for a
while Sheesh. I posted some pics on the DML. I ended up fully blocking off
my intake and taking the dremel to it in situ (talk about time spent in
masking and clean up...) It blended nicely into the "wall" but I keep
thinking more profound changes need to be made for higher intake velocities.
Like the MPI manifold :^) BUT: It appears the injection parameters, once
the comp has learned, are "tuned" to the intake/exhaust system (IMO so
far...) to drop off @ around 4700rpm... Need more fuel @ WOT!
BKB