Re: RE: Trans cooler ?

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Tue Nov 10 1998 - 13:35:21 EST

>The Man From Utopia wrote:
>>
>> Yes it is a tranny cooler of sorts..BUT if your engine ever overheats,
>> you'll be cooking the tans fluid as well. Go for a real tranny cooler and
>> plug the one on the radiator.
>

>Why would you plug the one in the radiator? Make it go through that one
>and then to an external cooler also. Seems it would run even cooler that
>way. If there is a reason, please explain. Good thing I got a stick, I
>don't have to worry aabout them things :).

the reason to run tranny fluid through the radiator is to ensure the tranny
warms up properly in cold country... probably not a problem for you people
in Texas, but here in Colorado, it can get pretty cold... and when I lived
in Alaska... Ask someone from Fairbanks what they do to prevent problems on
their vehicle from cold... battery blanket, block heater, cab heater, fuel
heater (for diesels)

It's not good for the tranny to run with fluid thats too cool... not enough
flow...

Gary Shook