'98 R/T chassis dyno numbers

From: O26ON4@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 13 1998 - 07:41:02 EST

Last Saturday Gene Beard and his wife Barbara were kind enough to invite me to
the HAIL Club dyno test get-together, at MTI in Houston, for a couple of pulls
for only $35. My R/T is bone stock -except for the Jet II power module, Magnum
Performance TB, K&N FIPK, 8.5 mm Magnecor, 180 thermostat, and underdrive
pulleys.<g>
My max hp was 241 and torque was 341, which equates to over 300 hp SAE net!
Motor Trend did some dyno testing earlier this year with a Hypertech
programmer, Borla exhaust, Lo temp thermo, and K&N filter which showed what
most of us have known all along, horsepower gains are not cumulative, i.e.,
the sum of the individual gains will add up to a lesser hp number when all the
parts are installed as a combination.
The point being, it would be hard to know which of my mods were worth what hp
gain since I didn't dyno after each individual change.
Personally, I was VERY pleased.
Steve in Houston