Re: Sunday at the Drags

From: Ron Merx (ronmerx@nol.net)
Date: Sun Nov 15 1998 - 20:27:15 EST

Daniel Colucci wrote:

> Just got back from running my 98 CC R/T at Great lakes Dragway in Wis. The
> best time was 14.68 @ 95.3 mph. 60 foot time was 2.228. I am still a
> little disappointed with these times. I have a Vortech, JBA's, and 2 1/2
> "y" into a 3 inch cat and 3 inch Flow Pro. I was expecting better times.
> Traction is terrible.

You answered your own question. TRACTION. Without it you look great with all
the noise and smoke, But...... the time slip is the final judge. 2.228 is not a
good 60'. Are you running the Vortech S trim? How much boost? How much fuel
pressure @ psi boost. All these things have to *balance* out for max HP. Sounds
like a cool truck, just needs a little tuning.

--

Ron Merx (IndyRon) <ronmerx@nol.net>

'96 Ram Indy Pace Truck, Vortech Supercharger, Mopar R/T cam, Mopar Perf. Computer, Crower 1.7 rockers w/ H-D springs, MSD 6A-BTM ignition, J&S Digital Safeguard, MPI Pro Street TBI, DynaMax muffler 3" hiflo cat exhaust (custom built), 4.10 Gears, Borla Headers, 24# injectors, TransGo kit, B&M Floor Shifter, AND........ Low 13's. Soon to all be put on a '99 CC R/T