Re: Sunday at the Drags

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Sun Nov 15 1998 - 23:12:33 EST

> > Just got back from running my 98 CC R/T at Great lakes Dragway in Wis. The
> > best time was 14.68 @ 95.3 mph. 60 foot time was 2.228. I am still a
> > little disappointed with these times. I have a Vortech, JBA's, and 2 1/2
> > "y" into a 3 inch cat and 3 inch Flow Pro. I was expecting better times.
> > Traction is terrible.

Maybe you should try taking the front sway bar off and getting some BFG's
for the rear end. run like 20-25 psi and maybe you can get it to hook up
better. My 60 ft times are like 2.21 and I am in a SS/T with headers and
a Jet II. My best time so far was 15.81 in 75 deg weather, but my speed
was 86 mph. 95 mph is pretty high but I bet it could be higher if you get
it tuned up ok. How does the fuel enrichment work on that vortec? Maybe
it is time for bigger injectors? Good luck.

Bill
97 SS/T