Re: reset computer

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 14:44:26 EST

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Scott Morris wrote:

> exactly what is the best or proper way to reset your computer. I have a 97
> if that makes a difference. my friend has a 94 if there is a difference
> between the two.

  Just disconnect the negative battery cable and leave it disconnected
for a few minutes. (5 minutes should be adequate.) This will also cause
any radio stations stored on your radio to be erased, and it'll reset your
clock too. (It will also erase all stored and pending trouble codes.)

 If you are planning on doing this a lot, you can get a "quick connect"
type connection for your battery at a local parts store or probably
Summit or Jegs too. They range in price from $5-20 and up, depending
on the type you want. I haven't gotten one yet, but I'm planning to.

                                              -Jon-