Re: TB list, stage ONE

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 15:21:55 EST

Bridges, Bruce wrote:

> Jack,
> Im not sure if there is any HP difference between Stage I and Stage II TBs
> without additional changes to the engine/bolt ons. My truck runs about the
> same with either one! Im looking for future "room to move" so Im using the
> Stage II right now, but it does have a lean problem @ WOT without "burping"
> the comp. I went to the Track Saturday to test the Stage II with the 270cc
> lucas injectors, but had a Baddddd day... My JETII failed again! I will
> never wash the truck before I race (new mantra) Ive got to figure this
> probelm out. Ran an O.K 15.4 agains t Sam's 95 (w/stageII TB) and got beat
> with his 15.33... I smoked the tires off the line but the biggest hit seemed
> to be the failing JETII. I basically stopped accelerating @ 4500rpm in 3rd.
> Removed the JET, But with the big injectors I was running rich after the
> computer reset. To top it off, My ?*&^*% shifter was indicating D, but
> stuck in 2nd, so I ran a 15.8 in first and second only and shut down @ the
> rev limiter 3/4 of the way down the track.... I think I was going to go a
> lot faster on that run.. By then I had to leave... It was about 80 deg and
> 74% humiditiy or so. Not a good day for me at the track...

Bruce,

It's beginning to look like JET still has some R&D issues with their
chips. Mine has been off the truck for almost three weeks now. I shipped
it back, they found a problem with the PC board(explains my check engine
light, rough engine). Had to wait for new labels before shipping one
back. Then they ship me a Stage I chip for a Ram truck.

arrrrrggghhhh!

Supposed to get the right chip in a couple of days. Now with you losing
a second chip, I'm having concerns.

Bob