RE: TB list, stage ONE

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Mon Nov 16 1998 - 11:43:21 EST

Jack,
Im not sure if there is any HP difference between Stage I and Stage II TBs
without additional changes to the engine/bolt ons. My truck runs about the
same with either one! Im looking for future "room to move" so Im using the
Stage II right now, but it does have a lean problem @ WOT without "burping"
the comp. I went to the Track Saturday to test the Stage II with the 270cc
lucas injectors, but had a Baddddd day... My JETII failed again! I will
never wash the truck before I race (new mantra) Ive got to figure this
probelm out. Ran an O.K 15.4 agains t Sam's 95 (w/stageII TB) and got beat
with his 15.33... I smoked the tires off the line but the biggest hit seemed
to be the failing JETII. I basically stopped accelerating @ 4500rpm in 3rd.
Removed the JET, But with the big injectors I was running rich after the
computer reset. To top it off, My ?*&^*% shifter was indicating D, but
stuck in 2nd, so I ran a 15.8 in first and second only and shut down @ the
rev limiter 3/4 of the way down the track.... I think I was going to go a
lot faster on that run.. By then I had to leave... It was about 80 deg and
74% humiditiy or so. Not a good day for me at the track...
BKB