Re: RE: R/T not bad, controller bad!

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 17 1998 - 15:59:20 EST

*snip*
Its a big challenge (hats off to the magnum
>"pioneer"!! jamn away) and the 98-99s are the biggest yet in my book
(right
>Dan?) Getting beat by Sam's 95 kinda pointed that out somewhat
painfully!

Hey! Don't knock it! My poor truck is a mere 27 miles from the big
100,000 mile mark... LOL... Just wait till I get a 5.9L, and a large
pair of vise grips (to pinch down my exhaust!).. Then I'll hopefully be
in the 14's.... I am already getting my motorcycle cleaned up for a
quick sale.... So then I can get my 5.9L, new clutch, a certain
someone's 3.55 SG 9 1/4" rear diff, and a single piece driveshaft...

What's a good source for a parachute?? :O

--Side note-- At Carlsbad they had a real ugly '90 something Civic...
plexiglass windows, one seat, no roll bar, slicks up front, and 16"
space saver spare tires on the rear (all jacked up)... Ran against a
BB Cheby... Chevy had him until 1/8th mile... Then the Civic BEAT the
Cheby by 1 second.... Can you say 11.2 second 1/4 mi @ 131 mph??? Talk
about scary....

---

TB Update #3:

Mileage on first tank-o-gas was terrible (LEAD FOOT), so I won't even post the figures... On my second tank of gas I am running probably better than before (16-17 mpg city/hwy vs. 15.5 city/hwy)...

Only issue that I have now discovered is the TB sensitivity to small throttle inputs causes some chaos when using the cruise control... I.E.- Truck is cruising at 65 mph on flat level road, no problem.. Small incline, truck slows, Cruise Control moves throttle to compenstate, moves a hair too far, truck accels. too much, CC backs off, truck slows too much, ---off-on-off-on.... With a 5 speed you really feel the power come off and on, more so than a auto... Once the thing settles down, it is ok... Feels like driving on a windy day... :O

Sam '95 SLT