RE: R/T not bad, controller bad!

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Tue Nov 17 1998 - 14:30:48 EST

Alan,
If I cant get some bigger gains Im gonna have to take my R/T and go home...
Hey Im actually beginning to feel this way after seeing so many "stock R/T "
mid 14 posts. Granted I race with my tonneau cover and tail gate inplace.
In no way am I hocking the "product" but the Stage One TB gave me a boost
from mid 15s to low 15s and thats as good as its gotten. Ive got 8500 miles
(none real "easy") on the R/T and it seems fairly "loose".
BUT, with all of the OBDII redundant checks and controls, I think there is a
lot of room for manufacturing variation in these trucks. Slight shifts in
sensor voltages, gains, etc. (O2, Fuel pressure, MAP,) could really rob the
system of its potential. Its a big challenge (hats off to the magnum
"pioneer"!! jamn away) and the 98-99s are the biggest yet in my book (right
Dan?) Getting beat by Sam's 95 kinda pointed that out somewhat painfully!
We got us one bitch of a control system to understand! So simple yet so hard
to change!
Keep the faith, Its the mopar way!
BKB