Re: Re: Alarm

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 00:01:06 EST

On my 98 R/T the only time the "SECURITY" light comes on is when the thing
actually goes off , which is only when I set it off with the panic button ,
or I suppose if someone tried to jimmy the door open . I never got mine to
"chirp" when arming/dis-arming , and I never see the security light blink
while it is armed , I wish it would and I wish I got me a "chirp" ! Dangit !

At 09:47 AM 11/19/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Using the lock button on the key fob sets the alarm. When set, the red
>"security" light on the instrument cluster will blink, and the horn will
>"beep" once. The horn function can be turned off. If, when you unlock with
>the key fob, it beeps three times, it means your alarm was triggered while
>you were away. That's how the factory alarm on my '99 works. FYI, Glen.
>
>----------
>> From: RCornbred@aol.com
>> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>> Subject: DML: Alarm
>> Date: Wednesday, November 18, 1998 9:00 PM
>>
>> A few months ago, I was working on my Dakota. I left it for a while,
>then I
>> went to go do something. I had locked the doors, but when I came back
>> something weird happened. I tried to open the door, because I thought it
>was
>> unlocked. But then all of a sudden the horn started honking, and the
>lights
>> were flashing on and off. So I got the keys and hit unlock, and it
>turned
>> off. I have a 97' Dakota SLT, does anyone know how to turn this alarm
>thing
>> on? Thanx for the help. I haven't read the Dakota Manual yet, I don't
>know
>> where it is.
>>
>> RCornbred@aol.com

W . Jack Hilton III