Re: water Pump HELP!!

From: V8dakLECC@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 09:11:32 EST

In a message dated 11/18/98 7:28:12 PM Central Standard Time,
zavetsky@usaor.net writes:

<< I tried leaving the belt on, applying pressure to the tensioner while
trying
 to remove the nut.....I tried tapping the nut with hammer blows against the
 wrench....Then I removed the pulley bolts and fan bolts but NOTHING can be
 removed till that stinkin nut is free.....

 Any ideas?? >>

Here's how I did mine. I took out all but two of the water pump pulley bolts.
Then inserted a large adjustable wrench (14" I think) and positioned it on the
fan nut. then with the wrench pointing up and to the pass. side. I put a
second wrench onto one of the remaining water pump pulley bolts (pointing to
the drivers side) to keep the pulley from slipping in the belt. A couple of
good raps on the adjustable wrench with a hammer and it was loose.

A couple of cautions: 1. The water pump pulley bolt is being tightened during
this procedure, be careful not to damage it. 2. Be very careful with a hammer
around your fan, a bent fan blade (even a little bit) can cause major
problems.

Also be certain your turing it the right way. The nut turns the same
direction that the fan normally turns. Counter-clockwise if you are facing the
front of the truck.

Richard Lewis
92 LE CC, 318, Auto