Re: Black room turbineTurbo DAK?

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 11:15:37 EST

----------
> From: mike.burgess@akamail.com
> To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> Subject: DML: Turbo DAK?
> Date: Wednesday, November 18, 1998 2:59 PM
>
> Anyone try a turbine in their DAK yet? Think of a hybrid truck,
> uses a turbine to spin a generator, to charge only a few batteries,
> which drive the wheels. Set battery size so range = 10 miles w/o turbine.
> This lets you silently roll down the street till spank time!

we have one in the shop at this time... we are waiting for the turbine from
Bell... turbine is small and compact... 500 - 600 hp... any day now... it
is on motor fgt... we are getting it with a compete NATOPS set of manuals
and air frame rework for all hydraulics and mounting struts...w/power
output systems, couplers, interface units... our "black-room" dept is doing
it...

but our project is a ram.... opps... forget that... wasn't posed to say
anything... Shhh

jam'n