Re: Aero Shafts...? was: TB status (Frank)

From: Jules Glogovcsan (jghunter@nol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 11:41:16 EST

----------

> Bridges, Bruce wrote:
> >
> > Bob,
please email Frank. Hes turning the cranks..

> > and a little centerless grinding for the shafts. Not many secrets
there!

ohh....

Not many [too] secrets there! ... but certainly some....

frank... didn't i see at the site showing the ss tbi shafts a [VERY]
rounded half-shaft with a flat side to bolt the tbi throttle plate to?

wouldn't this create a laminar flow disruption for a max efficiency effort?
 maybe off-idle flow problems...?... wot/part throttle cfms exceed many
aircraft lift off air speed air flow rates for a particular wing
desing/airfoil shape... airfoil shape is important here... wouldn't you
agree? so wouldn't airfoil pressures be compromized... uneven laminar
flow...? uneven bore pressures... limiting max efficiency efforts...thru
the port... a split column of air fighting against itself ?

why do you make new shafts... anyway!?! how are the bellcranks
reattached...?

you are a pilot... [:)] with your own birds... you fly PIC... have you ever
seen a wing with a flat top foil shape...? have you ever seen a wing with
two humps in it on the top side of the wing's airfoil...?

jam'n

post is not a flame... but only to stimulate thinking... are we REALLY...
on the right path here?!?... why are we remaking a perfectly good shaft...?