Re: Re: Fuel pressure attn Bill

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Thu Nov 19 1998 - 16:41:38 EST

> >I don't know if this will work with our trucks, but I learned from a friend
> that drove the BIG RIGs that all that they would do is take a pair of vice
> grips and clamp it onto the fuel line from the tank just enough to give a
> small crimp, but not totally block it off and it would raise the fuel
> pressure and give the rig more power. If this choice doesn't work then a
> adjustable fuel regulator might be the ticket. Just install before the fuel
> rails and drop in a higher pressure fuel pump. If the fuel pump is the
> in-tank style, remove it and replace it with an in the line style. Hopefully
> the computer will relearn itself with the higher pressure and and give more
> fuel and not lean-out on top end and could be used with superchargers?
> Maybe-Yes,NO?

Well, the truckers must be doing that on the return line, not the intake
line, because I cant see how that would help anything the other way. The
problem is that the computer has a sensor in the fuel line to get the
pressure. If you knew where that was, I guess you could put another pump
in the line after the sensor. If not, the computer would "fix" it.

Bill
'97 SS/T