Re: RE: Re:Vortech

From: Ron Merx (ronmerx@nol.net)
Date: Sun Nov 22 1998 - 13:56:36 EST

Holloway,Frank T wrote:

> Ron,
> Thanks for the info. I am running the 2.75" pulley with a Crane Hi-6TR.
> Retard set at 2 degrees per pound of boost. Out here in Calif., the best
> without octane additives is 91. Had to drop the compression and have
> Superchips burn a custom chip. Boost is about 6 lbs. at 4,000 RPM. The
> engine is extremely sensitive to fuel.....

Frank, Didn't know the best octane was 91 in Calif. Guess if I ever make a trip
there I had better carry a few gas cans of 93. We have 93 all over Houston but
sometimes when I get out in the country there is only 92 and the Indy doesn't
like it at all. Our boost is about the same at 4,000 RPM but I usually shift at
5500 (when racing) and the boost is about 8-9 PSI. Don't know what I was
thinking when I told you about my ign. curve. It's set like yours, ie: 93 octane
= 2 deg./lb of boost and 100 octane = 1 deg./lb of boost). was at the track last
night and was talking to a guy who's playing with an alcohol injection system
with the Vortech to cool the charge to the engine.
Ran pretty good. Suppose to talk to him later this week.
I agree, the engine IS very sensitive to fuel.
  Ron

  Ron Merx (IndyRon)
  <ronmerx@nol.net>

'96 Ram Indy Pace Truck, Vortech Supercharger, Mopar R/T cam, Mopar Perf.
Computer, Crower 1.7 rockers w/ H-D springs, MSD 6A-BTM ignition, J&S Digital
Safeguard, MPI Pro Street TBI, DynaMax muffler 3" hiflo cat exhaust (custom
built), 4.10 Gears, Borla Headers, 24# injectors, TransGo kit, B&M Floor
Shifter, AND........