HI FLO Cats..... ATTN: SAM

From: Mullen Mark SrA 52TRNS/LGTM (Mark.Mullen@spangdahlem.af.mil)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 02:33:49 EST

Subject: DML: Attn: ALL (Prices and Installation of New Exhaust....)

    I just called Magnum Performance and got some prices on a Hi-Flo Cat and
Gibson Cat-Back System for my 94 Dak. He said 289.95 for the Cat-Back and
199.95 for the 3" HI-Flo Cat. Does that sound good to you guys.
    Also on the Installation of the system, I plan on buying Mike Leach
headers, Does the Y-Pipe run all the way down to the cat and if so how does
it connect. If not what will I need to buy to connect the Y-Pipe to the cat?
    Any Help or advise would be appreciated

    The Gibson price sounds good. I had a Car Sound Hi-Flo Cat installed,
with 3" replacement pipe from front of CAT to Doug Thorley
    header flange for $201.11, 2 weeks ago. http://car-sound.com/home.htm
<http://car-sound.com/home.htm> .

    The Leach/DT headers Y pipe bolts up to the stock 2.5" exhaust flange,
the 2.5" goes into 2.5" CAT, 2.5" out.... You have a
    94 so your exhaust is exactly the same as my '95. My DT-3" pipe-3" CAT"
3" CAT back is quite loud... anything above
    2000 rpm gets you noticed... So if you don't want that, leave the 3"
pipe in front of the CAT and the stock CAT in place. In addition
    you might lose a little low end with a complete 3" exhaust ... I think
that I have, and might be looking into replacing my Ultra-FLO
    with something a little more restrictive to get my low end back. I am
trying to get a new recording with the new CAT and put it on Jon's page.
Have you heard my exhaust (prior to new CAT)??? If not, take a look at :
http://www.dakota-truck.net/ <http://www.dakota-truck.net/> and that's what
you'll have
    (close to it-- The Gibson sounds a little more mellow) with stock CAT,
3" exhaust and Leach headers. Hope this helps
    Sam '95 SLT

Did the 3" Replacement pipe come with the Cat? Does it bolt right up to the
Y-Pipe flange or did they weld it? How did the replacement pipe connect to
the Cat (Bolt or Weld)? And lastly did you buy the Cat directly from
Car-Sound?

Mark III on the bahn - 94 Dak 5.2L CC