Re: RE: Frank's TB Vol. #1

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Mon Nov 23 1998 - 01:59:59 EST

At 05:35 PM 11/22/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Brian,
>I have no clue what the whistle might be at this time. I hope it is not too
>annoying or real loud. Is the truck running OK when you hear this??? I will
>ask some of the other folks who are testing these if they have the same
>thing. Did you replace the IAC yet and is your idle back up where it should
>be?
> Frank

Hmmmmm......The truck runs just fine when it does that. I just found it
kinda weird. It's not all that annoying. It isn't exactly at 2000rpm, but
around there somewhere - will check tomorrow. All I know is that it is an
exact rpm, not a general one. I had to be going at a certain mph to make
it happen.

Yeah, I played withthe IAC a bunch. Funny thing, it doesn't idle very
intelligently. Sometimes it idles at 600 rpm(in gear) and sometimes it
idles at 800rpm (in gear). The weird thing is that it never touches that
screw. It just has a mind of its own. It seems to high idle at 1000rpm.
I don't know what's up, and am not too worried about it right now.

Brian