RE: [Fwd: HI FLO Cats..... ATTN: SAM]

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 24 1998 - 11:23:03 EST

>The key here is that Sam was referring to the bottom end. If you were
>towing a trailer at 1800rpm's, you might be better off with a TWO inch
pipe.
>The point of a 3" high flow cat is to help you when you're wrapping it
out
>at the track going "c'mon - c'mon - c'mon!!!".
>
>Tate

   I didn't want to scare anyone, just merely share my experience.
After comparing my 1/4 mi times/speed with previous runs (I.E. w/Hi Flo
CAT and TB), and based on conditions, I ran better times with the new
setup. The only real 'possible' decrease in performance that I can
detect now is from idle (~550 rpm) to roughly 1000-1200 rpm... from
there is turns/burns nicely. Mileage figures are still up in the air,
but so far 15.00 mpg solid on my last tank, so I don't think that it
really has been affected at all (TB and HI-FLO cat).

   I am going to talk to Ed Hanson either today or tomorrow to see what
he thinks about the back pressure issue/noise level. I'll post the
results.

Sam '95 SLT