Re: Re: Dakota suspensions

From: RMerullo (merullo@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Nov 24 1998 - 10:34:08 EST

Yes, this sort of handling is pretty unavoidable with a truck, the
suspension of which is designed to push up and support heavy loads. This is
why an empty truck is not the best handling vehicle in low traction
conditions, even if it is a 4x4.

But, my Dakota certainly does handle weight well. I once carried close to
1,800 lbs. of crushed stone, and could still accelerate adequately. Try
that with a Tacoma.