RE: Mopar headers for R/Ts

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Nov 25 1998 - 08:14:20 EST

Jim,
I'm not too sure about that counterfeit parts thing. I'm still waiting on
the price list from Mike Leach, but he told me that they do make R/T headers
for Mopar, have shipped several sets to Mopar, and that he is very familiar
with them as they did all of the fitment work/rework there in his shop. As
soon as the list shows up in the mail, I will let everyone know what their
prices and part numbers are. BTW, I did get a note from Mike in the mail
that said we will be able to buy the headers at "Jobber Price" if we have 25
or more orders. So far I have 23 confirmed and 1 thinking about it. This is
combined from the Dakota, Ram and Durango lists. I hope someone else steps
up the plate when it all comes down otherwise I may have to do some begging
to get what ever jobber prices turn out to be.
John
98 Dakota (removing unwanted custom body and suspension mods)

<snip>
I talked with my favorite Mopar parts dealer today about headers for R/Ts.
He
called Mopar performance and was told they don't exist. Neither does the 99
Mopar performance catalog yet. He ask me to find out from someone who has
bought Mopar headers for a R/T what part number were they sold. Those of
you
who have bought Mopar headers for your R/T may have counterfeit parts.
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC
<unsnip>