Re: Dakota suspensions

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Nov 25 1998 - 12:38:53 EST

Hi Norah.

Have we met? Seriously, I wanted to thank you and Jason
for arranging the Toronto meet. Dave and I had a really fine
time but I felt like I almost cashed it in from that
cold that I had. The Grey Cup lost the next day finished
the job.

Regarding the sideway skittering, it's mainly because the
rear leaf springs are too stiff without a load in the back.
It's even more so with a 4 x 4. If you've got a bed liner,
try placing a layer of rectangular patio cement stones in the back.
They'll give some load weight, won't slide around if you fill
the bed, and are not high enough to prevent putting other things
in the bed. Probably will help with traction as well when
winter conditions arrive.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to scan my pictures in.
Can't find the software and a couple of N.B. cables so far.
Hope Jon sends a postal address so I can send them to him.

Give my best to Jason.

So long for now.

Bob