Re: needed--RE:ATTN Chad

From: Tim (magnum318@bewellnet.com)
Date: Thu Nov 26 1998 - 01:02:58 EST

 From:Tim Roller>>magnum318@bewellnet.com

>I've seen V-6 headers in the JC Whitney catalog made by Pacesetter. They
were painted or Coated and were still under $200.00. The catbacks on the
Dodge vehicles,from what I understand are very good, (if over 50K miles)
replace. The biggest loss of power is the heavely packed muffler. I would
replace it with either a good glasspack or Thrust turbo. The longer the
muffler, generally the deeper and more rumble the sound. I would use on a
6er nothing over 2-1/2 size pipes, or you'll lose the low end. If you decide
to go duals after the muffler- use 1-1/2. On my '95 V-8 I had a 3" pipe from
the cat to a 3" inlet/outlet glasspack going to the axle and splitting to
2-1/4 duals to the bumper for only $180.00--this was without and headers.
Sounds GREAT--Less FILLING