Re: Muffler Info was: Re: needed

From: Toomey2me@aol.com
Date: Fri Nov 27 1998 - 00:32:35 EST

In a message dated 11/26/1998 7:09:35 PM Pacific Standard Time, mcc@negia.net
writes:

<< Okay. This brings up some more questions. My Truck is a '95.
 Okay.. What size are the pipes on a stock Dakota?
 If I just replace the muffler and keep my pipes, will it still offer the
 same great sound and performance? I really like the way my pipes exit
 out to the side. I think it looks great! Is this a simple bolt up deal,
 or is cutting and welding required?
 My truck has 44k on it... Why would the cat back need to be replaced at
 50k? >>

Well my pipes on my 97 are 2 1/5 inches, I THINK. Might be
 2 1/4. I like the sound it makes, nice "gurgle" at idle and loud rumble under
acceleration.I had it installed at a muffler shop and yes they did use a
welder to cut the old muffler off and put the Flowmaster on. If you want noise
get the 2 chamber. Look under your truck and check out you exhaust pipes. If
they are really rusted I would suggest getting new pipes also.

Late,

2me
www.smokindakota.com