Stage II TB

From: Sam Parthemer (maverick_nr552@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 27 1998 - 12:03:27 EST

Bruce, I have my stocker for you, but I wanted to get a final production
TB like the picture (with everything but the last edges
removed to mount the aircleaner). Has anything be modified to improve
off idle 'stability'(AKA abrupt power surge)?? So maybe if I
can get my stocker done, then I'll return the R&D TB so it too can be
used in the 'list'.

I am in the process of getting my motorcycle listed in the local trader,
which means I'm preparing for a 5.9L (*I'll be talking to Frank soon),
lining up a source for the Centerforce II clutch, and I'm
going to wait on changing my exhaust-- maybe the 5.9L will work BETTER
with my current setup... Question is: I need to use my truck M-F every
week. How long do you think it would talk to complete the swap ???
What other parts/pieces should I think about rounding up???
(New motor mounts-yes, etc. etc.) The computer: Trying to figure out
if a RAM 5 spd computer would work in a Dakota 5 spd (other than the
5.9L differences--) Jules? Is this the right assumption??

FYI-- My Dad had a heart attack Tuesday (he's doing ok-- he had one 11
years ago, and this one was milder--) and after I got the call I left
work-- 'FLEW' to the hospital... and while waiting at a stupid red light
(one that I NEVER hit) a guy in a RAM 3500 shortbed V10 sits to my
left.... I wasn't really paying attention to him at first, but noticed
the ever present 'whine'... V10- Supercharged...
I wanted to race this guy, but I was on a mission to get to the
hospital... (I didn't realize in my haste that I was idling at 2500 rpm
at the light.... I was so pissed that I had a red, that I was sitting
there--1st gear, clutch in, with my foot on the gas...) Green light,
and this V10 dualie lights 'em up... I side stepped my clutch..
BOOOG... (2 strips of 25' long composite rubber on the pavement---
missed 2nd gear --GGGGGrind.... 6000 rpm.... POP*!! ...and another 5
feet of rubber... I pulled along side, 5500 then
dropped ino 3rd.... and put 15' between us... 70 mph.. hit 4th...
and now I was on the FWY.... (mid afternoon... low fwy traffic)...
Had similar experience Wednesday on a newly open section of fwy that
runs right to my house... This time an Eddie B. Ford Bronco...This guy
had 'whipple' stickers all over it... Funny thing though... He still
has a 'speed limiter'... :O I don't ;P

Sam '95 SLT
Averaging 4-5 spanks a week...
BEWARE OF BMW M6's :P