Mopar Performance Air Cleaner

From: RCPL-VAN CNIWR (RCPL-VAN_CNIWR@van.reid-crowther.com)
Date: Fri Nov 27 1998 - 16:28:52 EST

     Hi, folks. I was on the R/T registry and somewhere (sorry, I forget
     whos page it was on) I saw an engine shot of red R/T with a Mopar
     Performance open element round air cleaner, just like the FABM, but
     was black crinkle finish cast aluminum with MOPAR PERFORMACE
     highlighted by the machined top.

     I know they make valve covers to match, but I would like to get the
     air cleaner first for my ordered R/T. Is anybody familiar with this
     cleaner? If so, do you have a part number from the catalogue so I can
     tell the guy at the speed shop who said that they don't make one?

     Lastly, what is the cleaner diameter? I assume it fits with little
     hassle. Otherwise, I'll go with a 14" K&N drop base air cleaner with
     a 2.75" filter. I'm also thinking of having a custom air tube made
     from aluminum with cone filter on the end to replace the factory tube.
     This new tube will fit in to the factory "hat" above the TB.

     Thanks very much!!

     Chad Niwranski
     Vancouver, BC
     future 99 R/T CC