RE: 20 Questions (or so)...revisited

From: Holloway,Frank T (Frank.T.Holloway@KP.ORG)
Date: Fri Nov 27 1998 - 23:17:50 EST

Brian,
Yearly tranny fluid changes is a good idea. A simple way to tell if you are
abusing your tranny is to occasionally pull the transmission dip stick and
take a sniff of the fluid. If the tranny has gotten hot, the transmission
fluid will stink and there will be no mistaking it. It doesn't smell
anything like normal transmission fluid. Metal particles are pretty much
normal for the automatics. You need to put a transmission drain plug in that
pan. Makes the job of changing fluid soo much easier. The brown color is
pretty much normal also.......

        Frank