20 Questions (or so)...revisited

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Fri Nov 27 1998 - 21:53:59 EST

Hey DML,

        Just got done w/trans fluid/filter change, oil/filter change, and taking
off the JBA's. Total time, minus cleanup, was around 5 hours. The JBA's
took about 1.5 hours to take off. Hardest part was the y-pipe flanges.
The passenger header is dented, not as bad as I thought, but still looks
like crap. I used Quaker State ATF +3 tanny fluid and a Mopar filter and
gasket. The old one had a bunch of aluminum covering it, and the fluid was
sort of brownish. How bad is this? I used Mobil 1 10w-30 and a Fram
Double Guard filter. Everything cost about $65 together. YIKES!!

        Things I learned:

                Trans fluid doesn't like to run into the pan you're trying to collect it in.

                Trans fluid spreads quicker and farther than you can scream "OH SH!T!!"

                Parents do NOT like their driveway to look like a miniature version of
the Exxon Valdez spill...

Anyways, just thought I would share my experience and would say thanks to
everyone who answered my questions!

=)

Catch ya guys/gals later and hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Brian