Re: Speed density

From: William Blount Arthur (m990198@nadn.navy.mil)
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 00:13:48 EST

> I don't believe CC (befor the merger) owned Siemens, They're a very large
> German Electronics firm.
>
> Mass air flow is not all that it is cracked up to be either. The flow sensor
> presents a significant restriction.
>
> All modern CC FI systems are speed density.

I dont care who owns siemens, what I am asking is has anyone toyed with
the idea of putting mass air on a ram? You can get 80 mm mass air meters
and I dont think it is too restrictive since it doesnt strangle my buddys
400 hp mustang. The mass air set up would be much more responsive to
changes is flow than the speed density, which has no idea how much air is
actually getting through.

Bill
'97 SS/T