Re: K&N Filter stuff, kinda long

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 30 1998 - 00:43:58 EST

*snip*
>are both expected to filter, but the oil filter is never penalized for
>reducing oil flow but an air filter is penalized for restricting air
>flow. So, do you want more flow, and possibly less filtering-and is the
>particles getting by really doing any damage to your engine? Or would

Well, as a side note, I've experienced (second hand) a penalty for
reduced oil flow (by a Oil Filter). FRAM oil filters for 2.0L Mitsubishi
Mighty Max trucks are a NO NO. My boss had a 2.0L engine sieze
because the FRAM filter was too restrictive, and would actually start
to collapse from the oil pressure (negative?). I had a '86 2.0L and
the dealership was selling Mitsubishi filters for $2.00, and $1.50 in
a case (practically giving them away) to keep people from making
the same mistake....

Dakota Content: '86 a D-50 was in production (Mitsubishi), was my
first truck, so technically it's the stepbrother of the Dakota... Yeah
that's
it! (149000 miles).

Sam '95 SLT
Sonya '99 RT