Re: Re: 1998 PCM info and R/T heads

From: Chris Foote (darkangel@map.com)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 15:29:17 EST

Good question, Gary....I have installed a PCM (ECU, whatever you want to
call it) into my '96 Grand Cherokee which has the 318. This was a Mopar
Performance unit. I have a digital odometer and the mileage popped right up
when I turned the key with the new computer. I wonder if the mileage is
stored in many, many places within the truck. To do a digital odometer you
gotta make it tamper resistant ;-)

I have heard rumors of Chrysler show cars with digital odometers that read
"OFF"....makes me want one of those NOW <g>

-Chris
darkangel@map.com