RE: 99 Dakota Questions

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 21:16:16 EST

>I've seen a number of folks have replaced their mufflers with catback
systems,
>and the name Gibson comes up quite a bit. Is there a real performance
improvement
>and/or MPG improvement with that change? Or is it just to make the truck
sound cool?

Both. I have a Gibson Catback. It does make a difference on the buttdyno.
Plus nice sounding too on a V6.

>My driver's side door requires a pretty good slam to get it to close all
the way.
>Is that common on new Daks, or should I have the dealer look at it?

Sounds like either the hinges for the door are out of alignment or the door
is bent. I had that problem with my Shadow ES. Looking at it CC did a piss
poor job putting that door together(the door was actually bent). The dealer
gave me a ton of crap, but the point became moot when the car got sideswiped
(it was parked) in a hit and run several days later (I had nothing to do
with that! The dude had a BAL of .12 and totalled 3 other cars in the
process), the bodyshop replaced the whole door(actually the whole drivers
side metal). But take it back to the dealer and have them look at it. But
before you go take a very good look at the door and see if there is any
misalignment to the body, and door opening. Get inside close the door and
look around the door and notice any area that is not equal between the door
and body. Do this also to the outside too. Also check the Nader pin for any
bending, or unequal wear. Better yet if you have a friend who is a bodyman
have him check it out before going to the dealer. If he is good, he will
give you the straight poop before the dealer hands you a line of crap.

Greg
95 DSCC v6 5spd