99 Dakota Questions

From: David Fishman (fish@chips.Eng.Sun.COM)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 20:09:03 EST

Hi, I've been on the list for a few weeks since I picked up my '99 CC Dakota
SLT+, 5.2, 4x4, but decided to delurk to ask a couple of questions of the
collective DML wisdom.

I just hit 600 miles and figured that's probably about right to get the metal
shavings out of the oilpan. Should I use dino or synthetic oil? On my beemer
bike, it was recommended that I stick with dino until 12K miles. Is that the
case on an american V8 too?

I've seen a number of folks have replaced their mufflers with catback systems,
and the name Gibson comes up quite a bit. Is there a real performance improvement
and/or MPG improvement with that change? Or is it just to make the truck sound cool?

My driver's side door requires a pretty good slam to get it to close all the way.
Is that common on new Daks, or should I have the dealer look at it?

As I'm sure these questions have all be asked multiple times, feel free to just
send me a note directly and spare the list of the misery of recurring thread
syndrome.

Thanks!

fish