97 brake rotors/warpage

From: Ann Greenwald (greenwald@id.ucsb.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 11:31:00 EST

For all those who dont know, another common cause of rotor warpage is
parking/stopping you vehicle shortly after doing a lot of hard braking.
Apparently the part of the rotor that ends up under the brake pad when you
park cools at a slower rate than the rest of the rotor and if the pads are
really hot the rest of the rotor can cool off too quickly causing warpage.
I know many of you on the list are already aware of this but some may not
be. I know I never thought about it until I was told by someone and I've
been able to avoid warpage on my 97 Dak for 30,000 so far.
 Now they'll probably warp tomorrow !!!!