Re: 97 brake rotors/warpage

From: Thinknet (thinknet@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Dec 03 1998 - 22:36:56 EST

ok I'll bite, how do you keep from parking? There is a lot of stop and go
and hills on my way to work, so even if I drive conservatively, how do I
cool the brakes? my truck only has 21K on it, the rotors first got bad at
15, then 19, I had them cut after the first time, sanded the pads and
re-assembled the whole thing. I personally would live with it, but the wife
doesn't seem to like it. so I either fix it or take her T-Bird (feel the
chill shoot down my back) when we go somewhere.

I just haven't heard good things about the OEM rotors on the new gen of
dak's. and I don't know what the general auto parts stores offer (pepboys
autozone etc.) I don't need really high end brakes (don't race the truck,
the bike is for that) but I would like something that would last longer than
the pads. or are there any rotors with a lifetime warrantee. pulling them
really isn't that hard, and would be willing to run to the store for free
pads and rotors.

Cuervo