99 Dak Seats & Oil Pressure

From: David Fishman (fish@chips.Eng.Sun.COM)
Date: Fri Dec 04 1998 - 13:50:24 EST

Howdy,

First, thanks to all who replied to my questions on catback systems and
synth oil. Mobil 1 is now in the crankcase and a Gibson 3" single catback
is getting installed Monday. What a great group.

Now then, a couple more questions as a Dak Newbie...

1. I took a 100 mi drive yesterday (longest so far), and found the
   "lump" on the left edge of the drivers seat (60/40 bench)" annoying
   under my leg. I'm not a little tiny guy, and it seems like the seat
   is a bit narrow. Anybody else have this problem? Are the bucket
   seats any different? Anybody have luck with an upholsterer modifying
   the shape?

2. Since I changed the oil to synth, I noticed the oil pressure guage now
   seems to move more than it did (could just be discovery mode, too).
   Where is "normal" on a 5.2? When warm at idle, it's about halfway between
   the low line and the mid line. Under load it's about halfway between the
   mid line and the high line. Any wisdom here?

Thanks and cheers,
fish

 David Fishman, San Jose, CA
 fish@ihot.com

 97 BMW R1100RT
 99 Dodge Dakota SLT+ 5.2l 4x4

 "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"