Different popping noise

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Sat Dec 05 1998 - 19:37:41 EST

My 99 R/T makes a popping noise in the drivers side of the dash near the
windshield when hitting any bump. Kind of a rubbing squeek kind of noise. I
tried loosning and tightning the screws below the windshied and it still pops.
I can not duplicate the noise by jerking on the dash though. I removed the
pillar molding and made sure it was not to blame. I hate to go to the dealer
(150 mile round trip) for something I should be able to fix myself if I could
just figure what it is. The local dealer is probably pretty unhappy for my not
buying from him and paying 600 more for my truck so I wouldn't expect very
cheerful service from him. Any suggestions?
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC