Re: [Fwd: Superchargers vs nitrous]

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 01:24:44 EST

>Hmmmm you may be right on the injectors but I know I've screwed up atleast
>twice at WOT on the juice and went into neutral by accident and to date no
ill
>effects ??? A spark rev limiter would definitley be better. I also seen the
>article on the Neon ordeal and I believe it was 150 HP that they went to
>before the backfire that blew the air cleaner hose off ?? Any way the drove
it
>back to the rental lot if I recall right :-)

You could be right, or it could have been 125HP.. been too long, and I
wanted to err on the low side (for a change ;-) I do remember that they
thought they blew the motor, but all they did was crack the plastic air
cleaner box WIDE OPEN when it backfired... they glued it back together &
returned the car.... I'd like to get a kit made for this... a universal fit
solenoid, plugs into the cigarette lighter, fits in a gym bag, taps off the
schrader valve for fuel.... I rent a signifcant amount of rental cars
(mostly GM Genericars, unfortunately) and I think this would be a blast...

>Yes the WOT is hooked in series with everything else atleast on mine so if
any
>of a few thing do not occur properly the no juice.
>
>I'll have to check out the Rev limiter on Mopar Comp though, if your right
it
>could definitely be a problem.

I like the sound of RPM switches for arming the nitrous, too... good idea...
reminds me of the engineering rule KISS.

Gary Shook