RE: Web Site in Truckin! Also: Tonneau Cover

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Dec 08 1998 - 09:03:59 EST

I have the SnugTop lid and I love it. I looked at the Gaylord lids and you
can see the grain of the fiberglass in the finished lid. Big no way for me.
The Stockland lid was very wavy. Another no way. But I have not seen the
Traders lid. One thing that I did not like about it though was that they do
their color work with gelcoat instead of paint. I had a Sprint shell on my
Toyota and it was also gel coated instead of painted. It looked good for
about one summer, then the gelcoat started to oxidize like cheap paint. I am
very sure it was gel coat and not paint as 1) that is what Sprint told me it
was, and 2) I scratched it one day pretty deep and I never went through the
color. I would, and did, go with the SnugLid. Lifetime guarantee on the
structure, and 5 year on paint. Just my .02
John
98 Dakota (removing unwanted custom body and suspension mods)

<snip>
Hey all you who subscribe to or read Truckin, when you get your Feb. 99
issue, turn to page. Al Martinez (Big Al) printed an e-mail I sent him and
mentioned my web site in his column! I've already seen the number of
visitors increase! In the article, he says I have a Tonneau Cover with a
Ram Head airbrushed onto it (Which was listed as a future, not a current,
mod) so it was a mistake on his part. Well, this means I now know where the
$700 is going. I've been looking at 4 different covers and want to get your
opinions and/or comments on each. I'm looking at the TraderTop, SnugLid,
Stockland, and Gaylord's. I want an over the rails, hard, OEM Painted to
Match and possibly carpeted headliner. Anybody had any experience with any
of these? Gotta order it THIS WEEK!! Let me know!
<unsnip>