RE: FABM and gas mileage?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Dec 10 1998 - 08:54:13 EST

Since I have the V6 in my '97 Dak, the 14" would be too big. I tried both
the 12"x3" and 10"x2.5" versions and immediately noticed a decrease in
performance as well as gas mileage. The system may work great on large
displacement engines but not on smaller engines. The system I use also has
a "Ram-Air" effect since I used one of the fog light openings for an intake
passage (Used a dryer duct tube for the routing). I normally drive on the
highway during my commute so this system functions like it should. I still
have the plug for the opening so I can easily close it during rainy days or
off-road trips.

Regards,

Bernd